Monday, February 17, 2014

I’M BUYING A WIFE (excerpts)

Upcoming actress Stephanie Chijioke and her hubby
I knew her, before she had breasts
the time her bras were tattered vests
yes, I knew her, before these curved hips
before she knew why women paint their lips
...
agbalumo became ripe oranges
my eager eyes stalked the changes
now I come carrying goats, yams, wine
confident lips muttering the ‘May I’ line
...
looking at my suit, you name a price
my mother swallows, she blinks twice
my uncle coughed, your daughter gasps
left in shock, my sweating palms unclasp

...
if I do pay the price you ask
(which is for me an uphill task)
prepare to lose the ‘good’ for life
since I’m buying, not taking, a wife

[This is not the full poem, just 4 stanzas out of 8]

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygeehhh my dear Kukogho Iruesiri Samson why oh why? You gotta leave us hanging like this?

    I looove this...can't wait to read the remaining 4 stanzas eehhnn!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...