Wednesday, January 15, 2014

LAW IS PASSED, DIG GAY GRAVES



the law is watching, beware!
hug sibbling, friends? Don't dare!
graves we must start digging
for gay lynching would soon begin!
"Gays should be burned alive not jail. Its inhuman I've never seen a gay dog"
~ @Musty_sheva84
I am afraid, for you, for me, for us... for our fathers, brothers, daughters, sisters, friends and enemies. I'll tell you!

Much as the concept of being gay eludes me, I must state that I support humanity, life...not gays, not the laws. And now, going by what I read on the social media, posted by humans like me, I am AFRAID! 

See, several times, I've witnessed near-lynching and seen videos/pictures of successful lynching, usually started by accusations leveled by some person about another. Bam! Beatings start, and someone is soon dead...
"Really, if ... you're gay, please look for help.... beacuse right now, you don't deserve to be alive"
~ @arcemmanuel [Twitter]
That is a tweet made by someone, a human!


I am afraid.

I am afraid that people will take this wrongly ans begin to lynch peopel for being affectionate to peopel of same sex. We all remember the ALUU killings and several such mob killings that happen daily in Nigeria.

We should be careful, especially with uterances like this being made in the open:
"They should be handed over for immediate execution. It's an abominable act...
~ Henry Omah [Facebook]
What happens to guys living together, or female housemates, some of whom even share clothes and show other form of affection?

What if someone incites a crowd against someone, maliciously...and that someone ends up lynched?

I doubt if this may happen to me, since I dont make friends with guys, but what about the many others? Isn’t there that possibility?

I am afraid...I just hope the law and the enforcers would find a way of preventing this.

Else, we should just start digging graves.

God bless Nigeria.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...