Monday, January 20, 2014

I ORDERED A RING FOR VALENTINE

www.brainypoet.blogspot.com [I Ordered A Ring For Valentine]


I ordered a ring for Valentine
To cuff a finger I thought was mine
Waiting – I rehearsed that ‘Will You’ line
Never knew I was stomping on Hitler’s mine

I chose the ring with eagerness
An adorned band for her highness
Her smile (so scarce!) was my weakness
Fool, I was – playing ‘scratch’ with a lioness!

St. Valentine is crawling near
I stifle a sob and abort another tear...
A line, for the delivery man, I must prepare:
“Yes, I ordered it, but the finger is no more here”

I passed by her yesterday
She flung not a glance my way
... I wonder if I’ll tell her someday
“I ordered a ring for Valentine’s Day!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...