Monday, July 15, 2013

DON'T CAGE ME WITH A NAME


When a 'good name' becomes a cage
And revered ancestry turn shackles
Folly is spat by the labelled sage
Earning him mocking cackles
Whoever feels I'm tainted should wash his hands after touching me because I'm not taking a shower!
~ Kukogho Iruesiri Samson
The day I earn a revered status that sews a zip on my  lips, that day, I should return my breath and give back my clay to Mother Earth.

Many lived in the cages of created images that they cannot live by and become prisoner of their own successes.

As for me, I hate cages. More importantly, I hate cages built by myself. I will keep living as me, don't give me a name I don't deserve because I will disappoint you someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...