Sunday, June 30, 2013

ME AND MY POETRY

Different people write poetry for different reasons. I do mine for three main reasons;
1. To be part of change, lend my voice and preach a little good in a sick world.
2. (VERY IMPORTANT) To entertain myself and my readers. That is why I am particular about form, rhythm, rhyme and diction.
3. To relieve my mind of some troubles, self expression.
These reasons are why I don't write like an obscurantist. I want my poems to be read and understood by everyone, from the layman to the literary family.

Not that I don't like brain wracking poems, but;
"I'd rather the beauty of my poems be found in my wordplay, the familiar nature of the words to the reader, the musicality and the ease of access."
~ Kukogho Iruesiri Samson
What is your take friends, why and how do you write?

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...