Monday, September 17, 2012

THE ROSE AND THE TOAD BY THE ROAD



A rose there was that grew by the road.
One day I find beside it a stinking toad.

And I think, why should a stinking toad
Be by this sweet rose growing by the road.

So I to said to the stinking toad by the road,
"Step away, for you met this rose on the road."

The stinking toad would not leave the road
And my nose rued the stink of the stinking toad.

Then I turned to the rose growing by the road
"How cope you with the stink of this stinking toad?"

He answered me, the rose that grew by the road;
"I care not for the presence of the stinking toad.

For my fragraces, once sweet on this road,
Is made more beautiful by the stinking toad.

Now, all that taste the smell of this stinking toad
Shall know the worth of of the rose by the road.

And on the day that I shall be free of this stinking toad,
Sharper shall be my scent on this road."

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...