Thursday, September 1, 2011

DEAR DADDY



Nothing can replace a father's love!!!


Let my words poke the eyes of your ears.

Words from a heart clogged by fears;
A heart suffocating within an armored cyst.
A cyst formed by the iron fists of a beast;
The beast whose swimming seeds formed me.
Me; I sit now grown and humble before thee.


Listen to the beat of a heart biled
By the bitter words that your lips piled
Into ears deafened by words brewed by you.
Ears green like a leaf bathed by the morning dew
Dew that washed my legs in the mornings
Mornings that sired nights of weepings


See these fingers pointing, cursing.
Fingers shriveled by years of wanting;
Wanting that led to the comfort of the dump;
The dump where they sought the frozen lump
When you were too drunk to fill the plate
The plate that stayed empty until late.


Feel the anger of a shredded soul
Rising from beneath the weight of your sole.
Your sole that trampled and crushed
Until out the juice of hope rushed.
Hope that I now sniff in the formless air;
Air which to hold I cannot dare.



If only once you had kissed my head
And read me a story as I lie in bed...
If only once you had smiled and patted my back
Nights when we walked home in the dark...
If only once you had told me you loved me
But that never was and will never be...



Hear the judgement of my heart:
Thought I be crushed and torn apart;
Though I bleed, though my blood flows;
I build no wall of grudges and God knows.
Beast that you be; I love you still as before
For 'twas you that brought me through the door.

3 comments:

  1. In my poor English, I only can say: Congratulations for so beautiful poems! Keep up writing as you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandiosas estrofes nobre poeta e grandioso trabalho realizas em seu espaço... Tenha um prodigioso e iluminado caminho e que Jah lhe abençoe.
    P.P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys for appreciating my poetry...i am still learning and hope to get better.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...