Sunday, September 9, 2012

THIS IS WHAT I AM


I have looked into the mirror once and again–
No. Think you not that I am vain–
I am just a troubled heart in doubt
Of my thoughts and the deeds my hands sow about.
Now, as in times past, I shake my head again
For still, my heart is hinged to the evil train
I am yet chained – the veil remains–
And the tainted blood flows yet in my veins!

Strange voices have borrowed my voice;
They have held my fingers and made me a choice.
So again I look into my face– I cowed, not clapped–
And I see the naked frowns in smiles wrapped.
I see fangs in the face that looks me in the glass;
The caterpillar has become a mamba in the grass.
Now, though I search, I know not when and how;
So my eyes doth argue with my soul then and now!

When did I lose my path? Where, my quest?
When did I turn from the East to the West?
Is this what I am now – twin eyes that see not
Ears, conspirators of silence, to weeping shut;
Eyes, dry when mourning kisses a thousand lips?
I look into the mirror and my heart weeps.
Knowing not what I am or what I have become,
I cling to memories of times gone, again to come!

The yoke is broken, the blinding veil torn
And from the cocoon a butterfly is born.
I have woken up from my slumber.
Once again I join the lean number
Of hearts that love in thought and deed
And hands than fill the fingers of need.
I cleave my voice to the crying throng
Weaving from truth redemption's song!

6 comments:

  1. COOL BLOG CAN YOU EMAIL ME ...COMRUMUKORO@GMAIL.COM NEED TO TALK THAT ALL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what you have become. You have now been Re-born. This is what you have become; A man as bright as the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you need my assistance on your blog, you tell me okay?

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...