Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"THE DEVIL'S PAWN" -Poem excerpts 4

I. THE CUTTING SICKLE
He soars high above the towering hill
His claws are stretched aiming for the kill
He is the reaper; his sickle shall find you by and by
You are the prey; yours is the piercing cry.


II. ON THE DEVIL'S GRAIL
One step forward, one step nearer to my grail
I pray for strength that I may at last prevail
O that I may again be free of his vengeful will
O that I may be free to roam valley and hill




III. THE WIND AND THE WHIRLWIND
Four little cubs yet to be weaned
Have set traps for the son of the whirlwind
Does the apple fall far from the tree?
Let them wait; I float away, safe and free


IV. THE DEVIL'S MESSENGER
I fear not; I am but a messenger
Let not my message make you anger
For he that gave me the burden
Lurks in the darkness of the garden




V. HE KNOWS, HE WAITS
The devil knows; he forgets not
The heavy debts of goods bought
He waits now outside your door
Ready to settle the aged score




VI. WIELDING THE DEVIL'S SWORD
I have been the Devil’s sword
Bound to him by debts’ cord
Though my feet run, though I flee
He remaineth yet deep inside me




VII. BOUND TO HIS WILL
Angels and demons, drinking the cup of war
Here I am, his fingers push me to the fore
I am the Devil’s pawn, I wield his flaming sword
Bound to his will by the cords of my word

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...