Friday, June 24, 2011

"THE DEVIL'S PAWN" -Poem excerpts 3





I. FEAR THE SHADOWS
In the shadows of the silent night
In the cawing of the crow in flight
Hear the knell and cower in dread
For you bear death's rune on your head




II. BOAST NOT
You have boasted with a slap on your chest
You have dipped into the hornet’s nest
You have poked your finger in my eyes
The die is cast, you shall pay the price


III. FEAR, FLEE
His pen is honed from the bones of the dead
His crimson ink, blood from the living bled.
He writes on parchment of living skin
Words, with breathing claws, curved and keen




IV. DEATHLY SILENCE
Like the gentle breeze teasing the leaves
Like the quiet bat in the eaves
He crouches in the silence of your fears
To make your whispers piercing spears




V. HOLDING THE DEVIL BOUND?
Can fetters of crafted metal hold
Or the stone walls of prison cold
Hold me bound? AM I not the breeze?
Shall I not escape them with ease?


VI. DEBTS ARE CHAINS
While the golden debt, unpaid, remains
You’ll remain the captive of his chains
Never shall you be free of the Devil’s snare
Nor break the chains that keep you here.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. U know I keep reading ur stuff and I am like WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...