Friday, May 20, 2011

"THE DEVIL'S PAWN" -Poem excerpts

I. The Bargain
He who holds the Devil's brass coin
To the warmth of his loin
Will pay with golden coin double
And end his journey under the rubble


II. The Black Cats
One will fall for all
And all for one will fall
Brothers in flesh and blood
Our revenge is in the sword






III. Dining With the Devil
Is your place there at the feast?
Shall you dip with the beast
Into bowls of steaming pork
And hold not the saving fork?




IV. In the Devil's Lair
Death in not far, he is near
Where shall you flee in his lair?
Look, his eyes doth gleam
Ready for the trip across the stream


V. Evil Abroad
The whispers of yesterday
Birth the screams of today
Darkness comes in the wake of light
Let them sleep fears fright


VI. The Devil Within
Do not run if you hear the growls
Fear not that the beast prowls
For it comes from inside
And from it you cannot hide
VII. The Devil's Pawn
I know the riddles of the jailer man
I am the breeze, catch me if you can
I go wherever I please
For me and the reaper have shared a kiss






VIII. The Price
Will you be the devils paw?
Will you follow him through the door?
Afore you sign the parchment red:
Remember, your heart will be bled


IX. The Devil's Coin
The devil’s coin is in your pocket
On your neck is his golden locket
You can run but you can’t hide
Like a shadow, he’ always by your side

2 comments:

  1. reminds me of Dr. Faustus...wonder if you ever read that play.It's really nice.I like how you used rhyme and the way it's segmented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Faustus is one of my best ever plays..i read it many times and i think I like the Faustus personality, in literary terms only!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...