Wednesday, January 5, 2011

THE SHACKLES,THE WEIGHT

These yearnings of my flesh
Ever so strong ever so fresh
With which I battle everyday
While I work, while I pray,
May they not bind my soul
To hell’s darkened hole.
These thoughts of my heart
So strong like pungent fart
Tearing at my heart’s seams
With spiky darkened whims
May they not take away my place
At the head of the race.
These cravings that I nurse
Beyond the borders of my purse
Whispers of noisy greed
The fruits of evil seed
May they not break my hold
Of the one who leads the fold.
These sights my eyes see
Raging like the seething sea
Baits ever fresh, ever sweet
Littering the church and the street
May they not make me wait
Outside the city of Golden gate.


Lord help me to stand firm
For lo, I fall amongst them.
Your ears are not deaf to hear,
Hear the voice of my fear.
Your hands are not short to save
So bring me out from this grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...